One thing you can always say about how podcasting works, it’s always changing. The last couple of weeks it seems that there is a sort of shift in how it works on basic levels. Or, does it work the same and only some apps are changing?
- Apple changed Subscribe to Follow for free podcasts.
- Apple added “Subscribe” for premium podcasting.
- Spotify say “Me too!” and adds Premium Podcasting for a very limited number of people.
- Apple may have changed how their app works when it comes to “followed” (ie. subscribed) podcasts work. *still not sure about that
- Apple really hid the “Add show by URL” function in Apple Podcasts.
What do we indie podcasters have to do to insure our shows remain free of gatekeepers and the cancel culture?
This podcast is posted on PodcastHelpDesk.com. Go there and subscribe (or Follow)!