Do you want to separate your blog posts from your podcast posts on your website? It might be a bad idea.
First – How to do it if you really really want to in WordPress
- Create a category for the podcast. DO NOT USE “podcast” as a category.
- Enable Category Podcasting in PowerPress Settings (at the bottom of each setting page)
- In the Category Podcasting menu (found under PowerPress in the sidebar) tick the box that says “Strict Categories” Save settings.
- Back in the category podcasting menu, Add Podcast Settings to your Category
- All your podcast related settings go in the category podcasting settings for that category NOT the main PowerPress settings.
- Once that is all set up, make a blog post. Select the category for your podcast in the right sidebar AND in the podcast episode box. The podcast episode box category setting is for the RSS feed and the sidebar is for the website. You must do BOTH.
- In the Appearance > menus menu, add your podcast category (not called podcast I hope) to the menu where you want it.
- Categorize your blog posts in a single category and add that category to the menu as well.
There is one more way to do it explained in the Podcast called Post Types. I don’t recommend that method.
Why you do not want to do separate blog posts from your podcast posts
People that want to listen to your podcast, and show up on your website, wouldn’t they want to maybe read your blog posts (without clicking another menu)? Wouldn’t people that read your blog want to listen to your podcast? Why go through all the BS separating them?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 12:10 — 11.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | Podcast Index | RSS | More