Today I’m going to talk about getting your first episode recorded. What steps you have to do to make your first episode a good one.
Podcasting Tech Coach is a proud member of the Tech Podcast Network, find this and many other family safe and work safe tech related podcasts at techpodcasts.com
Today’s episode is brought to you by ME. Mike Dell, your podcasting tech coach. To hire me to help you one on one, visit geekofthenorth.com/coaching that’s Geek of the North dot com slash coaching
8 Steps to make your first episode a good one.
1. Get your mic, mixer, software and everything setup in advance. (Show zero anyone?)
2 Relax! You can re-record as many times as it takes and you can edit if you want. This is not like Radio or TV. Don’t be nervous.
3. Have your subject outlined. If it’s a free form podcast, have at least and idea of what you are going to talk about.
4. Make sure you press “Record” and test out the audio levels before you commit to recording the whole episode.
5. Set your environment. Quiet, phone off, dogs fed and happy. It’s a lot easier to NOT have to “fix it in post”. The best way to record is get it right the first time. (or the final time)
6. Don’t be overly picky either. As long as the audio is decent quality and you don’t sound like you’re nervous, put it out there. Everyone’s first episode sucks when compared to their 20th episode.
7. LISTEN to your recording. Make sure something didn’t go wrong before you publish.
8. Have Fun! That is what this is all about. If it’s not fun, you won’t continue to to do it.
Next week, I’m going to tell you what steps I use to get my wordpress site up and running (just like podcastingtechcoach.com). What plugins you will want, a little about themes and what plugins you don’t want.
If you would like to help out the show, please consider using my bluehost link on the right sidebar of the website at podcastingtechcoach.com for some prime shared hosting.
Also, if you are going to buy anything at amazon.com, please click the banner at podastingtechcoach.com and then do your amazon shopping. This will give me a little kickback and will not cost you any more. Just one more way to help support this show.