Episode level images. Only some apps use the images and those apps use different images if they do. Here is a list from an experiment I did on my podcast Mike Dell’s World. Episode 308 has episode level images.
One image is embedded in the mp3 file in the iD3 tags. It is white with red writing.
The other image is in the tag on the episode level in the RSS feed. It’s green with white writing. Results:
- Apple Podcasts – Does not use either image. Just the main artwork for the feed. (But does use the RSS tag in the search in the iTunes desktop software)
- Google Podcasts – None just uses the main image
- Overcast for IOS – Uses the id3 tag image for the episode
- Pocket Casts – Uses neither image *** Update, uses the RSS image tag (thanks James)
- Podcast Republic – Uses the RSS image (Thanks Chris Miller)
- Podcast Addict – Uses the RSS image
- Beyond Pod – Uses the ID3 tag image
- Stitcher – Uses the main image (none of the episode level images)
- Spotify – Uses the RSS image on some versions of the App, but not on the Web Version. (Thanks Emily Peck Prokop! ) *Yes, it does work in **SOME** apps.
Let me know what you see in your app if you are not using any of the above Apps.
Random place in the podcast: 1:30
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 10:32 — 9.8MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | Podcast Index | RSS | More